SERVICES FOR EMPLOYERS
Employment law is a moving target—and usually one that employers cannot afford to miss. State, local and federal laws are constantly changing, making it hard for businesses to keep up. Our firm works closely with employer clients to remove vulnerabilities that can arise during hiring, termination, contracting, and other workplace events. We craft litigation-prevention strategies; prepare employee handbooks, policies and procedures; offer specific advice; perform employment audits that ensure a fair workplace and the protection of our employer clients; and, represent employers during administrative proceedings and in litigation and arbitration.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Discrimination Defense—Title VII, ADEA (Age Discrimination in Employment Act), ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), Equal Pay Act, Family Medical Leave Act, ADA Accessibility claims, relevant state laws, and any other employment law claims under state or federal laws.
- Wage and Hour Issues—FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), Overtime and Minimum Wage violations.
- Contracts and Agreements—Restrictive-covenant drafting and enforcement; non-compete, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreements; independent contractor/consultant agreements; separation agreements and arbitration agreements.
- Hiring/Termination—Compensation, employment at will, reemployment assistance benefits (unemployment).
- Employee Handbooks, Policies and Procedures – preparing and updating employee handbooks, policies and procedures, and advice concerning issues that arise in the workplace.
- Litigation and Arbitration—representing employers throughout any type of employment litigation.